Brienz Rothorn Railway Timetable 2016
We take full steam for 124 years!
Enjoy your trip with the 124 year old steam train trough the beautiful scenery of these wonderful Swiss mountains. After passing the forrest, the graze with cows, you slowly climb up to the Rothorn. On top you have an extraordinary view over more than 100 mountains! Don't forget to visit our restaurant on top which offers you a wide range of typical swiss foods and drinks. Just relax and enjoy your day up on the Rothorn!
Full steam ahead to Rothorn Kulm from June 4 until October 23, 2016
The Brienz Rothorn Railway operates 7 days per week from June 4 to October 23 2016 all the way up to the Rothorn. We try to ensure that all our services are steam powered.
Departures from Brienz
Departures from Rothorn Kulm
Key to symbols:
* Trains 07.30 from Brienz und 08.30 from Rothorn operate on Sundays only from 4th to 25th September 2016
- No single seat reservation possible
- Be here on site at least 30Min before train departure
- Insertion of additional trains and seat reservation cards on high frequented days. Waiting times on those days are possible
- Train services may be cancelled in times of insufficient frequencies or bad weather
- Pushchairs can only be transported when folded
- A maximum of 2 non-motorized wheelchairs can be transported per train. Advance notification is required
- Diesel locomotives may be used in the event of the failure of a steam locomotive or to expand services